Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Misc Stories



My Uncle Jake
had a dog that got very sick.
In those days there was no vet they would take the dog out and shoot it.
Jake called Kippy his younger brother.
"Kippy I haven't the heart to shoot rover will you do it for me."

Kippy said"No problem if you are too soft I will do it"
Kippy picked up the dog and Jake gave him a shovel." And make sure you bury him"
Kippy phoned later/ " Taken care of Jake"
Did you bury him?"
Kippy said he did.
A few days later there was a scratching at the door and there was Rover.
Jake Phoned Kippy
Did you bury my shovel with Rover?
No said Kippy why?"
He dug his way out and has come back home.
Kippy didn't have the heart either he took him to Gabarus and let him go.
Gary LeDrew





No comments:

Post a Comment

Surcouf or Swordfish

My Uncle Al Bussey harpooned a big swordfish off of Scaterie island In the Fall of 1941.They were in the process of drowning it when somethi...